Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 8 Dinner - Cherry Creek Grill Macho Salad

Obe and I just love going out to dinner.  Even though we are making efforts to eat right and cook more wholesome food for ourselves, once a week or so we get the itch to have a night on the town.  I find nothing wrong with that in the long term, as long as you go to the right places and make the right choices!

I say, when in doubt... order a salad!  That way, even if you're packing on more calories than you normally would eating at home, at least you are getting lots of nutritious vegetables in your meal!  Salads at restaurants tend to be dressed rather heavily, so if you really want to be virtuous you can order your dressing on the side.  Take it a step further, still, and skip the cheese!


This salad I had tonight at the Cherry Creek Grill was so delicious, I'm going to make a "Good Dinner" version of my own tomorrow night.  Although everything about the salad was tasty, I would have preferred it to have a more seasonal selection of vegetables.  If a restaurant is using ingredients such as corn, avocado, and tomato (which are all in season during the summer) in the middle of winter, my guess is they're coming from far away.  I like to focus on keeping my diet full of vegetables that come from as nearby as possible.  It's better for my health and the health of the planet!

No comments:

Post a Comment